Networking is necessary if you want to build a profitable business and professional network. There is no way around it. Don’t believe us? Here are some eye-opening statistics.
- 85% of jobs are filled through networking (Hubspot)
- 70% of jobs are never published publicly (CNBC)
- 70% of professionals hired had a connection to the company that hired them (LinkedIn)
- 95% of people believe meetings in person are essential for maintaining long-term business connections
- A referred customer’s lifetime value is 16% higher than a non-referred customer (not to mention the lower customer acquisition cost) (Hubspot)
- You’re 24% more likely to gain new customers through in-person networking as opposed to online (Zippia)
In December 2019 (what I fondly refer to as “the before times”) Harvard Business Review ran a story citing a new study that revealed that one of the biggest reasons female executives don’t advance to top management jobs is because of lack of access to information organizational and industry networks i.e. “the boys club.”
In other words, if you repeatedly tell yourself: “I don’t have time to go to events.” “I am running a company, I don’t have time to spare for coffee connections or happy hour.” “I have kids and a job and can’t justify getting child care to socialize.” You aren’t alone. In fact, the pandemic taught us just how much time we were wasting on unnecessary events and relationships that didn’t provide either emotional or professional value.
However, if the statistics above don’t lie then how do you reconcile the need for networking with the demands of your home, work and personal life? Find a network of humans that helps fulfill at least two out of the three.
At TARRA, our tagline is “helping women connect business, life and community,” because we believe that in today’s demanding world it is essential to create synergies between the various aspects of our lives.
If you are in search of a new network or looking to expand yours, here is a list of some of Denver’s most well-loved women-led networking groups. This list is by no means exhaustive, so if you think we are missing one, please let us know!
The Top Women’s Networking Organizations in Denver